Posted on: January 27, 2023
When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders
who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry
leader today, and youll be a part of shaping our future in the
years to come.As a Controller with Hines, you will have full
responsibility for the accounting records and administrative
matters for assigned projects and entities as well as the
supervision and development of respective accounting staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with Hines management
and appropriate representatives of external parties.
- Treasury functions including review of bank reconciliations and
cash flow projections.
- Review and approve funding request to investors.
- Review and approve standard reference requests for new ACH/wire
- Review and approve reserves and write offs in accordance with
- Review and approve wire/ACH payments; sign checks.
- Review lease abstracts and other related lease administration
documentation ensuring proper lease accounting treatment per GAAP
or other basis of accounting.
- Review and provide oversight of accounting team for
calculations of estimated operating and tax expense billings and
- Ensure all accounting records and reports are being maintained
timely, accurately and in accordance with GAAP or other basis of
accounting. Special consideration to areas such as debt
modifications, acquisitions/dispositions, interest capitalization,
- General ledger review and analysis.
- Review Property Budgets/Projections, as well as the Hines
- Provide guidance and oversight to Accounting and Operations
team on complex matters.
- Administer financial, internal and tenant audits.
- Assist with the communication and coordination with external
investors and lenders and ensure compliance with all legal
agreements (e.g. development management, property management,
partnership, leasing and/or financing).
- Review and confirm integrity of monthly and quarterly reporting
for property(s) or project(s).
- Review quarterly debt compliance, if applicable, including
compliance certificates and DSCR/Debt Yield calculations in
accordance with loan documents.
- Review reports generated for upper management and external
users as well as other significant internal reports (e.g.
investment performance templates).
- Identify risks; propose and implement risk mitigation
- Review accounting position memos documenting accounting
treatment of new/unusual items.
- Review cash flow and valuation models for operating and
- Supervise and oversee the training and development of
accounting personnel and assigned subordinate staff.
- Direct and monitor the working relationships subordinates have
with their counterparts internally and externally.
- Participate in due diligence for asset acquisitions and
dispositions or other special projects as assigned.
- Review and opine on various legal documents, including but not
limited to: PSAs, loan/guaranties, leases.
- Review and approve set up of new projects ensuring compliance
with governing documents (e.g. PSA, JV documents, etc.).
- Maintain / Interpret internal controls through documented
policies and procedures to ensure accounting record integrity and
reliability and asset preservation.
- Review tax projections and tax preparation workpapers.
- Work with Regional VP/SVP, Officers, etc. to address issues /
needs of the department.
- Ability to handle complex (e.g. very technical)
ownership/equity structures.Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or
related discipline from an accredited.
- Eight or more years of professional accounting experience,
preferably a combination of public and industry.
- Three or more years of prior management experience
- Public accounting experience is strongly preferred.
- Commercial real estate accounting and valuation experience
- Tax and/or financing experience preferred.
- CPA required.Hines is a global real estate investment,
development and property manager. The firm was founded by Gerald D.
Hines in 1957 and now operates in 28 countries. We manage a $92.3B
portfolio of high-performing assets across residential, logistics,
retail, office and mixed-use strategies. Our local teams serve 634
properties totaling over 225 million square feet globally. We are
committed to a net zero carbon target by 2040 without buying
offsets. To learn more about Hines, visit www.hines.com and follow
@Hines on social media. Includes both the global Hines organization
as well as RIA AUM as of June 30, 2022.We are an equal opportunity
employer and support workforce diversity.No calls or emails from
third parties at this time please.ID: 2022-9868 External Company
URL: www.karba.com Street: 383 17th Street
Keywords: Hines, Atlanta , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!