Company: ACI Worldwide
Posted on: November 26, 2022
If you've ever used an ATM, made an online purchase, sent money to
a friend using your phone, paid a utility bill or made a student
loan payment, chances are your transaction was processed and
safeguarded by ACI software.
ACI Worldwide delivers the mission-critical real-time payments
software solutions that enable corporations to process and manage
digital payments, power omni-commerce payments, present and process
bill payments, and manage fraud and risk.
You like numbers! You have previously worked in the environment
that has exposed you to banking, issuing, card processing or
acquirer world. You are curios and want to learn more. While being
methodical and process driven, you are also resourceful and think
outside the box. You want to learn and broaden your knowledge of
the payments industry. We are open to someone with 0-4 years of
experience. If you have had some amazing internships- we would love
to be that next step in your career!
About the role
Our Account Settlement Team is looking for a Settlement
Accountant/Specialist responsible for overall general Accounting
and Finance support for Product Management and Accounting including
Account Reconciliations, ad hoc Reporting, Variance Analysis and
As part of our Settlement team, the Settlement Accountant will be
responsible for posting of activity to general ledger, and the
monthly close functions associated with the assigned platforms,
processor, and/or client.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly updates and balancing of
platform specific settlement accounts
- Prepare report of the daily cash position and assist in
researching fluctuations to provide variance explanations as
- Prepare Platform, Processor, or Client specific journal
- Reconcile, and research open items through resolution. This
will include client and consumer concerns as they relate to
operations cash, or processor exceptions specific to the assigned
Platform, Processor, Client, or General Ledger: Cash, Receivable,
and Payable Accounts.
- Perform comparisons with the stage(s) of the cash recording
process supported by the Ledger source/Platform and prepare
appropriate adjusting entries as necessary
- Initiate or approve daily cash settlement wires
- Operational knowledge of the Exception processes (Chargebacks,
Reversals, Refunds). Researching and/or working with the Exception
team through resolution.
- Prepare Discount Fee cost analysis and research variances as
- Compile applicable support for internal and external audit
sample selections as often as required
- Perform backup duties and other duties or special projects as
Education and System Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or any Finance/Business focused
- Credit Card Processing or Issuer/Acquirer Settlement
- Microsoft Suite, specifically Intermediate level Excel
- Reconciliation Software, such as Smart Stream or an equivalent
- Working knowledge of various bank portals to access data and
What it's like to work at ACI Worldwide
ACI is a diverse collection of talented professionals working in
concert to power some of the world's most critical financial
infrastructure. Everything we do is grounded in our core values of
integrity, accountability, diversity, and customer-centricity.
At ACI, our shared values are key to how we transform the world of
payments. We are a team of over 4,500 people who are committed to
deliver, honorable in doing the right thing, accepting of people's
differences whilst building lasting relationships with our
customers and teams across the world. We look for talented people
who not only share these values but can drive us forward in our
vision to be the global leader in real-time payments.
Want to play a part in the world of payments that shape daily life?
Join us. Visit www.aciworldwide.com/careers
We take our corporate social responsibility very seriously, and we
invest and commit to excellence in three areas:
- Responsible use of environmental resources, with a specific
focus on energy use and waste control
- Upstanding social citizenship, via employee development,
long-term DEI investment, data privacy, and thoughtful engagement
with our own communities and those of our customers
- The highest ethical standards for our leadership makeup and
What We Offer
We invest in our team at ACI Worldwide. We are proud to offer our
employees with a comprehensive benefits package, designed to
support you and your life's needs throughout your career with us.
With that, we also offer extensive training and development to grow
and nurture our team and encourage a social and approachable work
Career growth and development
We give our employees the tools, access, and opportunity to grow
their careers they want. At ACI Worldwide, you will have access
- ACI University, our learning portal with more than 10,000
learning opportunities, including technical and business skills,
soft skills development, and compliance education
- The global ACI leadership program
- Mentorship programs
ACI Worldwide is an AA/EEO employer in the United States, which
includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities, and an EEO employer globally.
Keywords: ACI Worldwide, Atlanta , Settlement Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Norcross, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!