Complex Payroll Manager - The Candler Hotel, Atlanta
Company: Highgate Hotels L.P.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
Perfectly situated on famous Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta,
-The Candler Hotel, a member of Curio Collection by Hilton, opens
today -within the historic Candler Building. The boutique-style
hotel is a 17-story high-rise originally built in 1906 by Coca-Cola
magnate Asa Griggs Candler as Atlanta's first steel skyscraper and
is recognized on the National Register of Historic Places.After
completing an expansive transformation led by award-winning
interior designer Nicole Hollis, the building has been re-imagined
as a -luxurious, one-of-a-kind hospitality destination. Many of the
building's original Beaux-Arts architectural details have been
preserved -including their marbleized lobby and -Tiffany windows.
The hotel features 265 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites,
a library, a gym outfitted by Peloton, and 6,000-sq. ft. of event
space. Additionally, the hotel's historic bank has been transformed
-into its signature restaurant and bar By George by local celebrity
chef Hugh Acheson, a two-time James Beard Foundation Award winner
and former contestant on Bravo's Top Chef Masters.
The Payroll Manager leads the payroll process, strategy,
communications, and knowledge management for the Highgate's Non
Select Service business, supporting and driving Payroll Operations
and payroll system administration. This position leads the work
performed by multiple teams across the organization, who are tasked
with managing and executing payroll, providing analysis, and
guidance on payroll initiatives/projects. The position will apply
comprehensive knowledge / skills of payroll operations, payroll
tax, systems, input processes and output gross-to-net and financial
reporting requirements. The role collaborates with interdependent
teams and Business Unit leaders to optimize the end-to-end process
and system integration. He/She will provide strong leadership for a
large team performing payroll operations and systems
- Maintain payroll best practices, ensure that high quality
payroll and customer service is delivered.
- Ensure that the end payroll product and its processes are
compliant with established internal controls and all state and
- Oversees annual preparation of W-2 income reporting.
- Defines and drives key requirements, projects and initiatives
aimed at efficiency, quality, compliance, eliminating complexity
and/or maximizing value of select functions and
- Responsible for entering payroll data into the system.
- Responsible for auditing payroll data and maintaining files and
records to produce accurate payroll period reports in accordance
with hotel standards.
- Engages in ongoing auditing activities to verify the accuracy
of payroll records and information.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and
cash equivalents in accordance with policies and
- Record, store, and/or analyze computerized payroll
- Prepare, maintain, audit, and distribute statistical, auditing,
or payroll reports and tables.
- Maintain, update, create, secure, and archive employee payroll
records and files.
- Process and/or issue employee paychecks and statements of
earnings and deductions.
- Understand basic payroll tax as it relates to the employee's
pay and their W2.
- Assist with benefits administration and compliance. Including,
but not limited to, Healthcare and the verification of the weekly
401(k) wire confirmation for all properties and confirming that
each property's 401(k) contribution equal 25% 401(k)
- Compute employee wages and deductions and enter wages and
deductions into payroll system. -
- Provide information to employees and managers/supervisors on
payroll matters and tax issues,
- Adjust basic settings in time clock system.
- Display strong ethics and ability to keep information
- Provide analysis and guidance on payroll related
- Maintain relationship with 3rd party banking, tax, and
- Responsible for administration of garnishments and tracking all
returned or stopped garnishment payments.
- Responsible for security setup for new system users for payroll
and removing access for terminated user's, resetting passwords, and
maintaining an internal audit spreadsheet.
- Must have the ability to research payroll or payroll related
items with little direction and present finding to the
- Responsible for additional administrative duties as
- Bachelor's degree required; Accounting/Business Degree
- Strong knowledge of and experience working with multi state
- Extensive leadership experience (process, people, and
- Solid understanding of Payroll, US tax, HR processes and
timekeeping automation experience.
- 3rd party provider management experience
- 5+ years of payroll processing management experience in a large
company is required
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects, as well as
resources, remotely in a highly dispersed organization.
- Project Management Experience.
- Excellent written, analytical, and verbal communication skills,
including a demonstrated ability to clearly articulate/summarize
issues and present solutions to key stakeholders and senior
- Ability to influence and guide to achieve the best
- Ability to analyze complex laws and regulations and apply them
across Business Units and within corporate strategies.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external
- Strong working knowledge of ADP EV5.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels L.P., Atlanta , Complex Payroll Manager - The Candler Hotel, Atlanta, Accounting, Auditing , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!