Company: Community Management Associates
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Description:Salary Range: $30K - $35,999In Office Position
The Accounting Assistant is an Entry Level accounting role with a
basic understanding of accounting and/or office support concepts.
S/he will be a flexible, multi-tasking, self-starter capable of
performing general accounting functions in support of their
assigned Accounting Team (typically 3-4 Property Accountants). S/he
works closely with team members to ensure the quality of accounting
data & processes, in a professional & positive manner.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Support assigned Accounting Team composed of 3-4 Property
Accountants (approximately 175-200 properties).
- Coding/Scanning & Depositing of homeowner payments received at
CMA, following posting procedures.
- NSF/Lockbox Deposit Exception Research - Initiate letters to
homeowners regarding returned checks.
- Process daily Accounting Requests submitted for assigned
properties - to include homeowner ledger adjustments, posting
fines, homeowner refunds, misc. journal entries, and general ledger
or check research.
- Produce Late Letters for assigned properties (monthly,
quarterly or annually based upon schedule).
- Assist with other Accounting Issues and Special Projects, as
Requirements:Nature and Scope
- Serves as team member of Accounting Team, providing backup and
learning from senior team members.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication
- Will be communicating with all levels of personnel, so clear
and concise communication is a must.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills are
- Must be detail-oriented and dependable, and consistently
contribute as a team player.
- Must be able to prioritize work load and function at times
- Must have a positive and professional appearance, attitude, and
- Position demands willingness to learn, consistent accuracy, and
a sense of urgency.
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities gained through the
acquisition of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications and Outlook
- Proficiency using VMS HOA Accounting Software a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent industry experience
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in an office
Keywords: Community Management Associates, Atlanta , Accounting Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!