Night Auditor - Wylie Hotel
Company: Mainsail Lodging & Development
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe night audit host is responsible for executing
all property service, operational, and business functions during
the overnight hours. This individual serves as the main point of
contact for guests during this timeframe to ensure an exceptional
personalized service in accordance with property, company, and
brand guidelines. Essential Functions
- Follow all specified day closing audit procedures and perform
related duties to successfully prepare the hotel for the next day
- Follow all specified procedures to maintain and post a daily
balance of all house accounts, including running preliminary
reconciliations, detail transactions, and final reports to
accounting and profit centers.
- Follow all specified procedures to reconcile cashier's reports
with the restaurant system each night, researching and posting any
unresolved tickets from the day shifts.
- Produce accurate and timely reports and correctly handle all
- Balance and audit room revenue, food and beverage revenue,
miscellaneous revenue, cashiers' reports, and guest and house
accounts for accuracy; assisting the preparation of all reports
relevant to daily revenues.
- Transmit credit card batches.
- Complete and transmit daily management and accounting reports
and supporting documents.
- Act as hotel system liaison during night hours.
- Manage all internal and external hotel calls
- Ability to interact with guests by providing exceptional
customer service and share hotel knowledge using personalization
such as using the guest name.
- Responsible to know all functions to showcase the hotel and the
hotel's unique story to each guest.
- Assign and escort guest to rooms according to their preferences
paying attention to those nonverbal cues that make each experience
- Process mobile arrivals and execute flawless service in remote
check in area according to property, company, and brand
- Actively engage guests in and promote hotel loyalty program
including new guest program enrollments.
- Collect and verify methods of payment, produce room keys for
all guests ensuring guest confidentiality throughout their stay and
- Serve as a concierge by providing local information for
shopping, dining, and recreational destinations. Be prepared to
assist guests in setting up reservations or tours in the area.
- Assist with guest luggage and receive, store, and deliver both
luggage and mail.
- Assist and resolve any guest billing inquiries and/or
- Respond to and resolve all guest inquiries and/or opportunities
utilizing appropriate guidelines.
- Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in room to
hotel leadership and/or loss prevention team
- Follow scheduled shifts and follow break and lunch
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to
manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language;
prepare and review written documents accurately and completely;
answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with
- Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and
or in room.
- Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the
team member handbook.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area.Qualification
StandardsEducation & Experience
- High School diploma or higher
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Previous Opera PMS experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and writtenPhysical
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend.
- Ability to lift, pull 40 lbs.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Corrected vision to normal range.
- Ability to work long hours as needed.Mental Demands
- Make sound judgments quickly.
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide
direction to others.
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel,
and the community.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving
problems as necessary.Mainsail Lodging & Development is a proud
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to
attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse
and inclusive workforce. It is Mainsail's policy to ensure equal
employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based
on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal state and/or local law.
Mainsail Lodging & Development maintains a drug-free
workplace.Powered by JazzHRnOdF1zgZu5
Keywords: Mainsail Lodging & Development, Atlanta , Night Auditor - Wylie Hotel, Accounting, Auditing , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!