Accounting Clerk, Chateau Elan Winery & Resort
Company: Chateau Elan Winery & Resort
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Assist the Director of Finance in directing the financial
activities of the hotel, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all
financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting
principles and HEI Hotels and Resorts Standards.
- Receive guest calls and inquiries for billing and folio questions
along with other clerical duties.
- Support the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
within the accounting team.
- Sort and verify accuracy of Night Audit work (primarily
receivables aspect), i.e. including reconciliation of banquet check
extensions, coding of banquets at cost, review and route sales and
promotion checks with back-up. Record department administration
phone calls and inform Controller of any potential concern.
- Post city ledger payments in property management system,
reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts. Perform follow-up
billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller
of any potential uncollected accounts.
- Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and
inform Controller of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards
(AMEX, DINERS, etc.). Maintain accurate and legible logs for all
- Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit
- Assist in reconciling open account status items.
- File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and
credit warnings. Process and follow-up on all returned checks
accepted as cash payment. Record General Ledger and City Ledger
- Verify that purchasing procedures are followed, i.e.: purchase
order price compared to invoice price, purchase order quantity
compared to invoice quantity, ensure that the purchase order number
is valid. Maintain an accurate, up to date Purchase Order Log.
- Route invoices with purchase order attached to department heads
and Executive Committee members for approval. Ensure account coding
is accurate and all invoices are being returned on a timely
- Process all approved invoices for payment, ensure all appropriate
signatures and back-up attached.
- Pay all hotel invoices in a timely manner ensuring accuracy of
amount paid, account coding, invoice extension and that all
discounts are taken.
- Handle all vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor statements.
- Maintain open invoices file, paid invoices file and voided check
file in an organized and up-to-date manner.
- Interface checks and submit a log of all manual checks to the
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Within the sweeping panorama of the north Georgia foothills,
Chateau Elan began with the planting of the vineyards in 1981. From
these lush vines has grown a 3,500 acre conference and leisure
destination. We welcome your interest in applying for a position
with Chateau --lan Winery & Resort. For many years, we have served
our guests with the highest level of products and service in luxury
resorts. We owe our growth and success to our associates who have
served our guests with dedication and pride. The key to our
continued growth is found in satisfying and exceeding our guests'
expectations.We look for people with personality, energy,
enthusiasm, excellent grooming and commitment. We nurture and train
our associates throughout their tenure here. They, in turn, provide
the highest level of guest service making Chateau --lan the special
place it is today.Perks include but are not limited to discount
hotel stays, discount spa services, discount golf, discount food
and beverage, discount retail as well as access to the YouDecide--
discount program. YouDecide-- offerings include negotiated pricing
arrangements for vacation destinations, hotels, vacation planning,
rental cars, movie tickets/rentals, consumer electronics, consumer
goods and services, personal services and even discounts on cell
phones and plans.We value U.S. military experience and invite all
qualified military candidates to apply.
Keywords: Chateau Elan Winery & Resort, Atlanta , Accounting Clerk, Chateau Elan Winery & Resort, Accounting, Auditing , Braselton, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!