Senior Manager Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Primary Location: 6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA,
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 218249
The Senior Manager of Mergers & Acquisitions will play a key role
in the execution of strategic transactions including acquisitions,
joint ventures, investments, swaps, divestitures, and other
structures designed to create long-term shareholder value. This
position will be responsible for developing comprehensive
presentations, financial models, valuation analyses, ad hoc data
analysis, as well as a variety of other tasks to facilitate the
evaluation, negotiation, and execution of M&A transactions.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Mergers &
- Play a critical role in developing M&A strategies, sourcing
actionable opportunities and executing transactions within the
- Lead all aspects of financial analysis including the
development of comprehensive valuation (using multiple
methodologies) and transaction structure analyses.
- Identify, screen and evaluate pipeline opportunities while
building relationships with target companies, the investment
banking community and strategic partners
- Support all aspects of M&A execution including financial
modeling, valuation, due diligence and creation of operating plans
and due diligence summaries.
- Influence and provide direction to cross-divisional and
cross-functional teams of internal and external resources to
perform comprehensive due diligence.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior leadership
throughout all phases of an M&A transaction from strategy
formation and through final deal execution.
- Manage initial phases of post-deal integration.
- Owns the maintenance of existing industry transaction comps,
trading comps and benchmarking analyses.
- Own the regular updating and reporting of the corporate
- Collaborate with peers across the enterprise to identify and
adopt best practices and manage internal and external resources to
- Continuously learn from being exposed to deal sourcing,
structuring, diligence, communication (internal/external),
valuation, and documentation that are integral aspects of all deal
execution. Qualifications: Minimum:
- 7+ years of relevant M&A experience required which includes
corporate development, private equity, investment banking and/or
transaction advisory services of Big 4 accounting firms.
- 5+ years of experience if candidate possesses a related
- Demonstrated track record of consistent high-level
- Contributing to team success
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work
effectively with teams and leaders throughout the organization
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Strong ability to drive actions and influence key stakeholders
to get deals done.
- Superior skills in financial and quantitative analysis, written
and oral communication, use of Excel and PowerPoint and keen
attention to detail.
- Experience managing M&A deal processes and through the deal
- Highly organized with strong ability to work independently,
manage multiple projects with high visibility, high impact and
tight timelines simultaneously.
- Continuous learner mindset focused on continuous
- Lives Cox Values - Shows an approach towards people and work
that is consistent with the overall values of the company. Works to
professional standards that apply best practices approaches are
consistent with Coxs values and ethics.
- Travel up to 15%. Preferred:
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- Telecommunications, Technology or Media industry experience is
preferred. Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of
human connection through broadband applications and services. The
largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six
million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to
empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse
products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics
that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, Atlanta , Senior Manager Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Accounting, Auditing , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!