Senior Financial Consultant (Budgets) - Telecommute
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Senior Financial Consultant supports business operations
throughout WellMed Corporate. This role will provide financial
analysis and support calculating forecasting principles and tools
in order to support business owners financial budget planning. The
senior financial consultant will review budget expenses and costs
in order to determine influence factors for hiring baselines and
ratio calculation methodologies. This person will also support
business owners in building dynamic fiscal models for resource
costs and multi-year road mapping that multiple business units can
leverage. This individual will also create detailed documentation
and standard operating procedures for calculation methodologies
throughout these areas. This person will also provide leadership
and support to the business units and be able to present
calculation methodology, validation practices, and principles to
senior executives. This person will also create audit processes and
reporting for continued refinement and updates to forecasting
models. This individual must be able to clearly articulate business
issues with recommended solutions in the context of a fast-paced
and high-growth $3 billion company. You'll enjoy the flexibility to
telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some
tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the comprehensive development and ownership of
detailed strategic financial models and assumptions.
- Responsible for the comprehensive development and ownership of
Financial Planning & Analysis reports and tools including
Dashboards and Key Performance Indicators.
- Research applicable accounting and finance standards to ensure
compliance with tools being implemented.
- Makes recommendations to improve current financial processes
- Effectively creates report and tool prototypes to be shared
with Development Team for implementation.
- Analyze variances by department using PeopleSoft.
- Lead recurring meetings with Department Heads to review monthly
- Train users on new financial reports and tools.
- Effectively partners with cross functional teams to discuss and
replicate best practices.
- Design and maintain internal controls to prevent inaccuracies
in Financial information
- Timely and accurate loading of financial data into Budget
- Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational
improvements. Make proposals for operational changes (policy,
procedures, processes, etc.).
- Work with other departments when accounting information or
skills are needed to support ongoing efforts of the Company.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.You'll be
rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that
will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to
succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles
you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 6+ years of progressively responsible experience with Finance
responsibilities within a major company or division of a large
- Experience with BI analytic tools for reporting (e.g. PowerBI,
- Solid Financial Modeling and Budgeting/Forecasting skills and
experience. Ability to analyze financial data and patterns, and
prepare financial statements.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic working
environment with many near term and long-term deliverables.
- Solid ability to work collaboratively and influence across
several departments for successful management initiatives.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations, and compute
ratios/percentages accurately and quickly required.
- Great communication and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under time sensitive
- Exhibits great attention to detail and proven ability to
organize data effectively.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be
required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app,
Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone
system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener.
Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In
addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are
expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot
be attained.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
Administration preferred or equivalent certification (e.g. CPA,
- Health care industry knowledge Careers with WellMed. Our focus
is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving
to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting
380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and
Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and
contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of
the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to
help the sick become well and to help patients understand and
control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our
providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on
preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible
team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best
work.(sm)*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to
UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.Colorado Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay
is based on several factors including but not limited to education,
work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this
posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following
benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility
requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program;
flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation
costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life
insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term
disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee
Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and
accident insurance. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:
UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative
Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free
workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before
beginning employment. Job Keywords: BI analytic, PowerBI, Tableau,
Financial Modeling, Budgeting, Forecasting, optum, wellmed,
healthcare, San Antonio, TX, Texas, Telecommute, Telecommuter,
Telecommuting, Work from home, Work at home, Remote, Irvine, CA,
California, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Denver, CO, Colorado, Chicago,
IL, Illinois, Baltimore, MD, Maryland
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Atlanta , Senior Financial Consultant (Budgets) - Telecommute, Accounting, Auditing , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!