GGL Credit Manager
Company: Ameris Bancorp
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an
exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered
employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and
processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape,
empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and
creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and
passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity
in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble
approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and
approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look
forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our
team.Responsible for managing team and processes for Small Business
Administration loans. Essential Functions, Duties, and
- Assist with the establishment of GGL policies, procedures and
- Coordinate and perform financial analysis employing
profitability, liquidity, solvency, cash flow analysis and credit
underwriting via key issue identification, working capital
assessment, and ratio interpretation using corporate and personal
financial statements and tax returns.
- Assist the production team with loan structuring and key loan
- Coordinate and complete loan approval packages to include
interpretation of personal and corporate financial spreads,
financial analysis, collateral analysis, loan memorandum, summary
of terms and conditions, debt sheet, and other appropriate
- Assist in the implementation of programs and technology to
facilitate business development, underwriting, closing and
- Actively participate in gathering financial and other
information to complete loan packages.
- Identify loan structure appropriate for GGL and commercial
- Assist in the development of procedures to improve the
efficiency of the underwriting, closing and servicing
- Work closely with Credit Policy Management to establish
strategies for supporting the approval process.
- Obtain and disseminate credit policy and GGL compliance
information to keep the policies and procedures current.
- Provide guidance to credit analysts and review analyses as
- Interact with key internal customers and business partners to
ensure consistent, accurate, and efficient turnaround or
- Handle special projects and requests, as needed.Required
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Requires 5-10 years of technical credit/underwriting
experience, knowledge of banking procedures and standards,
particularly as related to commercial and GGL lending
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship
building both internally and with Ameris clients and
- Capability to independently and proactively manage various
relationships and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to advocate persuasively.
- Highly proficient in Moody's software and cash flow
- Expertise in financial computer applications (primarily
Microsoft Excel) and database management tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of current GGL regulations.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong track record of solid credit decisions.Industry and Work
- 5+ years of experience in GGL environments, to include
financial analysis and banking credit experience
- 3-5 years of underwriting managerial experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Finance or Accounting degree
preferredDisclaimer:The above job description is meant to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.All
job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may
exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to
the health and safety of themselves or other employees. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Ameris Bancorp, Atlanta , GGL Credit Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!