General Ledger Accountant
Company: FirstKey Homes
Posted on: April 10, 2021
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIESThe General Ledger Senior Accountant
will specialize in completing accounting transactions for FirstKey
Homes Property Operations activities. This role will leverage
generally accepted accounting principles to record property
operation transactions related to taxes, insurance, fees and
accruals. They will ensure all activities are properly reflected in
the company's general ledger and communicate with field markets to
ensure the accuracy of accounting activities. Additionally, the
Senior Accountant will provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to
junior level staff accountants as they complete routine accounting
- Specialize in learning and understanding the accounting
activities for Property Operations.
- Complete routine accounting activities such as preparing,
reviewing, record and adjusting journal entries.
- Provide guidance and assistance to staff accountants in
completing routine accounting. Assist with mentoring and coaching
junior level staff accountants.
- Record property operation transactions such as taxes,
insurance, fees, and accruals.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, including intercompany
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Assist in timely preparation for month-end close by providing
financial schedules and analysis.
- Review Accounts Payable activities and make adjustments when
- Communicate updates and requests to field markets and corporate
- Lead and assist with special projects when assigned.
- Serve as a backup to other Accounting teams when needed.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job
duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned
by the incumbent's manager at any time based upon Company need. To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent work
experience and/or education
- Minimum 3 years' experience of overall accounting, in an
accrual basis environment
- Knowledgeable of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook), must be comfortable using vlookups and pivot
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensure preferred
- Experience using Yardi or similar property management
- Experience working in property management, real estate or
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company FirstKey
Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate
discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran
status, genetic information or any other legally protected
classification or status.
Keywords: FirstKey Homes, Atlanta , General Ledger Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!