Fund Accounting & Administration, VP
Company: State Street.
Posted on: August 3, 2020
The Fund Controller Group (FCG) is responsible for the
compilation, analysis and reporting of performance investment data
for global private equity and real assets funds and affiliated
funds. The FC Group is part of the Real Assets Fund Administration
Services team within the State Street Global Services' Alternative
Investment Solutions division. The department is located in the
Atlanta office. The FC Group is responsible for providing our
clients and their investors with annual and quarterly financial
reports, management, acquisition and other fee calculations,
investor capital notices, fund, investor, and investment return
calculations as well as various other investor reports requested.
The team has an in-depth knowledge of the various fund structures,
investor LP agreements, financial reporting, investment make-up,
and investor base of our clients' funds. This subject matter
expertise is utilized to provide customized reporting and response
to inquiries from our clients and their investors. FCG is
responsible for preparing and analyzing key statistical data used
in both client management and investor reporting. Types of
- Executive Management Reports & Analysis
- Annual and Quarterly Financials
- Pro Forma and Budgeted Financials
- Ad Hoc Investor-Specific Reports and Analysis
- Management Fee and Acquisition Fee Calculations and
- Funding and Investment Contribution/Distribution Notices
- Foreign Currency Exchange Transactions and Cash Management
- Investor/Consultant Reporting FCG is part of a growing and
innovative group within State Street. Third party administration,
while standard practice in the PE/Hedge industry, is just taking
off in the real estate industry. Through continuous interaction
with client executive management and the IT department, our goal is
to develop systems and business processes to prepare and fund
administration services in an accurate, quality, and timely manner.
FCG is very process-driven to ensure the highest quality in our
performance reporting; however we operate in an extremely dynamic
environment. We work under tight deadlines, and we strive on our
ability to work in a team environment. We prepare quarterly and
annual financials, management, incentive, acquisition and other fee
calculations (ensuring they are in accordance with various legal
agreements and investment contracts). Calculate fund and investor
returns as well as projected investor cash flows. We respond to
various ad hoc requests from client senior management, investors,
and consultants and also prepare investor capital call and
distribution notices. In this capacity, FCs have high exposure to
current issues affecting the real estate funds and investors. Job
Description: This is a senior level management role within the Real
Estate Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative
Investment Solutions Group. The position interacts with all levels
of professionals both internally and externally and with senior
level executives of State Street. Therefore, exceptional
interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates
must demonstrate strong initiative, be able to perform well under
pressure and be capable of managing multiple and diverse
assignments. The position is responsible for managing departments
experiencing significant growth. Responsibilities include but are
not limited to:
- Provide overall direction to reporting line managers and staff
to assure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes yearly and
quarterly financial and operational goals and objectives.
- Responsible for development and execution of overall business
plans both internally and in partnership with clients.
- Manage relationships with clients at appropriate levels to
ensure continued confidence in State Street.
- Manage relationships with key client contacts ensuring
expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality
standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed
- Responsible for the direction and training of reporting line
managers and staff. Address employee concerns.
- Review and approve all transactions (money movement; trades;
etc.) in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall
company initiatives and goals to managers and staff within span of
- Responsible for developing department budget and staffing
projections. Completes staffing proposals for newly awarded
- Monitors and approves department expenses.
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to
- Develop ideas for new products and services to expand business
opportunities and better meet client needs.
- Participates in new business process including review of
proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc.
- Represent the organization internally and externally as a
senior level executive of State Street.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process
including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and
submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Allocates and coordinates resources including staff allocation,
space and procurement of necessary equipment.
- Spearhead special projects and serve on committees and task
- Provide leadership in areas outside of the division. During the
course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for
identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction
activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with
corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating
procedures. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required with preference for Accounting
- 15 or more years of previous accounting and/or financial
service operations experience, including 3+ years of managerial
experience with large teams.
- Financial reporting experience required.
- Advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables,
vlookup) Preferred Qualifications
- Relevant experience in the real estate industry is a plus.
- Working knowledge of MRI, Oracle Financials, Yardi, or
Investran is a plus.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- MBA preferred. For further information, and to apply, please
visit our website via the "Apply" button below.
Keywords: State Street., Atlanta , Fund Accounting & Administration, VP, Accounting, Auditing , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!