Senior Internal Auditor - Corporate Functions
Company: Branch, Banking & Trust Company
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Specific information related to the position is outlined below.
To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create
an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will
provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the
application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by
emailing Accessibility or by calling 877-891-2510 . This email
inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any
other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Provide value-added, independent and objective risk-based internal
audit assurance and advisory services for BB&T Corporation in
the higher risk and more complex areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not
mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to
1. Serve as auditor-in-charge for the higher risk and more complex
a. assuming responsibility for project management.
b. planning, scoping and developing the audit test plan.
c. organizing and using resources effectively to complete
assignments within budget. d. documenting processes using
narratives, flowcharts and process maps.
d. analyzing process documentation to evaluate effectiveness and
e. making appropriate recommendations and reporting the results of
f. addressing material issues with senior management.
2. Serve as advisor to management on the higher risk and more
difficult assignments by:
a. having an understanding of the business strategies of BB&T,
each line of business and the specific area or process under
b. being knowledgeable of the organization, operations, policies
and procedures (including banking laws and regulations) under which
c. proactively supporting management on the establishment of
internal controls, monitoring techniques and risk management.
d. advocating incorporation of risk management in the
implementation of new systems, processes and changes to existing
systems and procedures.
e. representing Audit on various bank committees.
3. Supervise and coordinate assignments to ensure prompt and
efficient completion of external auditors/examiners reviews.
4. Begin developing specialization in assigned BB&T lines of
5. Continue developing overall audit and advisory skills. Pursue
continuing education and professional certification. Keep abreast
of current trends, new developments and practices in the audit
profession. Monitor current trends and new technologies as they
apply to area of specialization.
6. Train/coach/mentor junior team members to enhance achievement of
goals and objectives. Provide training on more complex and
7. Consistently deliver the perfect client experience.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or related field or
equivalent education and related experience
2. Four years of banking, auditing or other relevant experience
related to area of responsibility
3. Excellent team player
4. Ability to work independently and with a team
5. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
6. Understanding of risk management and process concepts
7. Demonstrates a broad understanding of banking and auditing
8. Creative and innovative
9. Excellent decision-making skills
10. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
11. PC literate on BB&T standard software programs
12. Inquisitive and willing to learn
13. Good aptitude for learning analytical, audit and/or
14. Demonstrate the perfect client experience
1. Possess appropriate professional certification
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity
Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis
of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other
classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have
come together in a transformational merger of equals to create
Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may
notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and
SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references
should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we
continue to transition to the Truist name.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Keywords: Branch, Banking & Trust Company, Atlanta , Senior Internal Auditor - Corporate Functions, Accounting, Auditing , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!