State and Local Tax (SALT) Income and Franchise Tax Director
Company: Grant Thornton LLP
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move.
As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving
clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus
it takes to be a leader.State and Local Tax (SALT) Income and
Franchise Tax DirectorPosition Summary:Grant Thorntons responsive,
partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate
complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In
addition to tax professionals across the United States, our
Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge
and responsive support in local, state, federal and international
tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services,
federal tax services, international tax services, state and local
tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory,
partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition
tax services. The State and Local Tax (SALT) Income & Franchise
Practice is responsible for the delivery of a full range of tax
services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries.
Responsibilities include interacting closely with clients to
provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance
expertise; providing primary and secondary review of complex tax
returns; developing and managing staff; and working closely with
partners and staff on client management, practice development, and
business development activities.Essential Duties and
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business owners
and CEOs of current and potential clients
- Effectively manage overall client relationships to assure
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to sell services to
existing and potential clients
- Effectively manage the fundamentals (i.e. realization,
utilization, leverage, accounts receivable, expenses)
- Coach, counsel, and train managers, seniors and staff
- Ensure continuous improvement and development of tax
- Successfully integrate industry initiatives with local office
- Drive strategy development and implementation, profitability
and growth for the Tax Practice.
- Elevate Grant Thornton brand by demonstrating thought
leadership and embracing our marketing and sales programs.
- Promote collaboration between service lines and industries to
provide high quality client service.
- Attract, develop and retain top talent for the Tax
- Ensure the Tax Practice maintains a high level of quality and
follows the firms quality control policies.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to sell services to
existing and potential clients.
- Engage in productive interaction and teaming with office,
regional and national leadership.
- Use knowledge of the client, competition, market and product or
service to expand services to current clients. Serve as business
adviser to client.
- Utilize the appropriate firm resources to develop and close
sales opportunities that fit within the firm strategy.
- Fully support and implement the firms performance management
process including individual assessment, project evaluation and
- Promptly identify problems related to financial performance and
implement effective solutions to address financial performance
- Proactively anticipate and stay informed of information related
to their specialty including regulations, market practices, trends,
economic factors, and risk.
- Demonstrate and maintain technical expertise in all matters
related to their specialization.
- Work closely with other key Partners, managers and staff to
integrate practice development skills into a team approach for New
- Possess ownership of ideas and share new ideas and practices as
they grow the skills of the staff and assist in the implementation
of our business plan/strategy.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and
strict client confidentiality.
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA or JD/active law license
- A minimum of ten or more years of progressive federal tax
consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a
combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Experience in a medium- to large-sized public, regional, or
national accounting firm.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role.
- Experience i
- CPA license.n Corporate, S-Corp. and/or Partnership
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology
skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate
consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership
returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Consulting experience within Tax system and process improvement
- Knowledge of CORPTAX, Vertex or ONESOURCE software.
- Outstanding experience in staff and tax management in an
integrated client service team.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and
- Demonstrated new business development experience.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to
various client sites.BenefitsGrant Thornton LLP promotes a
nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive
array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete
list of benefits, please visit www.gt.com.Founded in Chicago in
1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm
of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the worlds leading
organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant
Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59
offices, with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the
United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore,
India.Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and
privately-held companies, government agencies, financial
institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core
industries served include consumer and industrial products,
financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology.
Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue
growth holistically whether through revenue improvement,
leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.It is Grant Thorntons
policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel
decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring,
training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are
made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national
origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
local law.Title: State and Local Tax (SALT) Income and Franchise
Tax Director Location: GA-Atlanta Requisition ID: 042439
Keywords: Grant Thornton LLP, Atlanta , State and Local Tax (SALT) Income and Franchise Tax Director, Accounting, Auditing , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!